Senior Systems Administrator
- Successfully managed over 1000 remote servers running various versions of RHEL, CentOS, and Fedora.
- Administered local installs of various Linux systems.
- Managed CentOS remote installations using Anaconda and Kickstart.
- Administrator of 35 local Windows clients.
- Responsible for procuring additional servers and IP blocks with many ISPs.
- Configured DNS records for thousands of domains.
- Created automation for the configuration of DNS records saving the company many man-hours.
- Managed installation and configuration of BIND, Apache, PHP, PERL, and PostgreSQL on over 1000 servers.
- Provided assistance for co-workers, including writing scripts, running fleet wide audits, and debugging components of The Companies’ software.
- Worked closely with the Development Team to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve software defects.
- Directly managed a team of four.
- Provided internal training and support.
- Balanced workloads of my team members.
- Handled escalations and resolved conflicts.
- Worked directly with multiple ISPs for purchasing servers, IP blocks, and managing ISP relations.
- Managed customer expectations.